As we all know ampalaya is one of best vegetable because it gives a lot of healthy benefits to our body. It helps to prevent some type of cancer and enhance the body’s immune system to ward off infections, that’s why; I often prepare ampalaya as my menu in my kitchen. I also encourage my daughter to eat ampalaya. In addition, tofu is a very good source of protein.
2 medium size ampalaya, slice crossed-wise
2 pcs. tofu, cut into cubes or serving pieces
1/4 kilo shrimp, peeled
2 medium size tomato, sliced
1 medium size onion, sliced
4 pcs. garlic, crushed
1 tsp. cooking oil
2 cups water
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry tofu until light brown then set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in the same pan
3. Add shrimp and mix together.
4. Add tofu, ampalaya and some water. Bring to boil.
5. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes and add salt to taste.
6. Remove from heat and serve