Last week, my family went to resort and we order some food, my husband ordered onion rings as part of our meal. So now, I decided my own way of cooking of onion rings.
3 large onion, sliced into rings
2 pc. egg
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon iodized salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon calamansi juice
- Soak orion rings in ice water for at least 30 minutes.
- Put in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Combine egg, calamansi juice and pepper. Beat until bubbly.
- Stir this into the dry ingredients just until blended. Add butter.
- Dip onion rings into the mixture.
- Fry on each side until golden brown on medium heat temperature.