Laptops are a necessary part of life these days, but they can be a pain to charge while on the go. If you commute by car, or just work in a coffee shop with limited outlets, this article will help you charge your laptop while on the go.
We have you covered with our easy step-by-step instructions on how to charge your laptop in your car:
How To Charge Your Laptop In A Car
To charge your laptop in your car, you’ll need a power inverter. A power inverter charges your laptop just like a wall outlet. They are super light and compact, so you can simply stow it away in your trunk or glove box when you’re not using it.
The inverter connects to the car’s battery, and converts the DC voltage to the AC voltage found in wall outlets. This will allow you to charge your laptop while you’re on the go.
They are also great for travel. Since they have the same voltage output as a regular outlet, you can plug in your laptop and charge from country to country without worrying about high voltage switches.
If you do not have a power inverter yet there are some great options out there.
We recommend the Bistek 300Watt Power Inverter below
|BESTEK 300Watt Power Inverter||Check Latest Price|
Step by Step Guide
- Start by looking for an appropriate power inverter. It should be able to produce a minimum of 12 volts and have at least 150 watts of output power. This is the amount of power it can send out to charge your laptop.
- Once you have found an appropriate inverter, take note of its output voltage. It should be somewhere within the 12-15 volts range.
- Connect the power inverter to your car’s battery through the cigarette/power port.
- Turn on your power inverter on, a light or the fan will indicate that it’s on.
- With the power inverter running, connect your laptop to the DC input of your car’s battery charger.
- The laptop should power on and indicate that it’s charging.
- Once your laptop is fully charged, simply disconnect the power inverter and store it away in any convenient location you have available.
- Enjoy your fully charged laptop.
It is that easy to charge your laptop in the car. Remember that you can only do this if your car has a cigarette/power port, but many new cars do nowadays.
You can also use an inverter to power other electronics in your car like a fan or a TV! Just make sure that the inverter has enough watts to power whatever device you want to use.
Having a power inverter is a great way to charge your laptop and other electronics on the go. You can plug in your laptop, power it for a short time, and then store it away when you’re done.
Remember that you can only use this type of charging if your car has a cigarette/power port. But as more and more cars are equipped with this ability, expect to see more people begin to use them.
Make sure to check the power inverter you are buying to see if it is compatible with your laptop’s voltage. Most laptops operate on 12 or 15 volts, and a power inverter should be able to produce this.